Skip to main content

Foundation art lock down

watercolour, watercolour pen, tipex, gel pen      watercolour, gel pen, water colour pen, tipex                                      acrylic paint.

 

During lock down, and the period of corona i found myself feeling down and lonely not being able to go out to see friends and family, even events such as concerts i was so looking forward to had been cancelled. i lacked inspiration my dull mood of being locked in the same boring house was taking a toll on my creativity. i sat down eventually and thought to my self " what makes me happy" and my first thought as i looked at my wall covered in memories and one direction. Harry styles. and this is where i began, i had my friend help choose some pictures of harry so i could paint them, i wanted to focus on my favorite things about Harry, rings, tattoos, fashion, and him obviously. i found i had a niche for painting small water color paintings of close up things or in general things that make me happy or interest me , i found i do my best work when i'm happy about the object or person i'm drawing, or painting as i stay engaged longer and committed to making it look as good as possible, i found it easy to paint and draw Mr styles here since i have looked at his face many times, obsessing over the man in a way, since i had drawn him before and studied his facial features such as eyes nose lips even ears in my previous 2nd year personal investigation.





 
watercolour, watercolour pen, tipex, gel pen
watercolour, tipex



 

watercolour, gel pen, water colour pen 
acrylic paint, watercolour pen, watercolour

water colour, water colour pen, yupo paper.
I painted a black and white image of bettie page, famous pin up girl in the 50s known for her bondage work, rather saucy. but now what inspired me to paint her. i was inspired to paint her after finding a makeup artist on youtube who did a series called murder mystery and makeup, she sits in front of the camera and tells a murder mystery or an mystery not always murder while she does her makeup, now i love makeup and it did inspire another painting i did later on. anyway, bettie page, i just thought she was so beautiful an iconic and actually a lunatic and i do love a lunatic so i painted her but heres a plot twist i used a diffrent paper! and hated it but hey we learn from our mistakes. i used a paper called YUPO paper its got a shiny photo paper quality to it very floppy and does not absorb anything so if i wanted i could get a wet cloth and wipe off my work and probably be left with a stained grey paper. so i improvised, since when i touched the black of the hair where i used a water colour pen instead of the paint it was coming off on my fingers, so when i stuck it in the book of many paintings i used a sheet of plastic over the top to stop smudging because i quite liked this painting if im honest and i wasnt about to ruin it like a fool .

watercolour pen, watercolour, white gel pen.

My next work after the vodka bottle was cake. now at this moment there was a meme going around that the whole world was made from cake ever since a viral cake artist came to light and had been making cake that looked so realistically like things that weren't cake, this amused me wildly and i decided what if i painted cake so it looked like the page was actually cake, so this is what i did, its not my best work but it made me laugh. turns out everything is not cake though. i wish.

water colour, white gel pen, pink fine liner.



Still in the mind set of observational drawings and harry styles i saw a vodka bottle and it made me think of an iconic quote by the man who makes me happiest. harry styles. link to video HERE. anyway so  i painted this vodka bottle and it was pretty simple but i added a twist, took the smirnoff logo away simplified the designs and created " vodka straight. no gay."



i was struggling to get ideas while at my Nans house for the week, while im at my nans i found myself drinking a lot of tea so i painted a tea bag packet. i found love for green tea since its way better for you health wise and more fun flavors than just your average English breakfast tea, and this makes me happy , and i do it a lot in my space! so i painted my favorite flavor which is coconut chocolate, it tastes exactly like it says and its just amazing and i love the packaging too!, i painted this not really in my space though bout at my second space which is my Nans house, equally my space also though.




After our dear Bettie page i have another murderer, Villanelle from the famous tv show killing eve. i painted this a while ago and had it on my wall and i looked at it and realized i painted it in my space during corona because i had a fat crush on her and it made me happy and then i realized that the painting fits the brief, lets sick her in the book of many paintings. I chose to do a big painting like bigger than the little squares iv'e found myself comfy doing since i decided to challenge myself harder especially since the background was blurred so that was a challenge, it took me 3 attempts to be happy with the pencil drawing finally and i painted it with water co lour, but the back ground got funky i didn't know what was in the back ground so i just painted what i could see and hoped for the best, back ground is not great but i love the painting of villanelle as Elton John.























i moved on from Harry styles and began to focus on my space more trying to get in to the foundation mind set, well i guess i didn't move fully away from harry, i painted a section of my favorite perfume, GUCCI MEMOIRE. who harry styles happens to advertise in the video and well, he wears it also. but this painting was an observational painting not looking at a picture from the internet, now i'm getting back in to the fine art mind set. 




Comments